The Sound of Snow. “The kids will probably be home soon.”
In the last winter before the fracture, we had a great snow storm in Austin. This is my report from the front steps of my castle. At this moment I was so happy. So peaceful.
At this moment my then wife, was consulting with a lawyer to understand her “options.” I would never have this calm again.
A dad enjoying the moment, celebrating the moment, and anticipating the return of his ecstatic kids. It was a great afternoon. My ex-y didn’t return until later in the afternoon. And things remained upbeat.
I know, someday my daughter and son will read this. Long after the pain and misunderstanding is passed. “What really happened, Dad?”
I can only tell you what I know. I can only share what I was doing and feeling.
The Off Parent
- The Divorce Library (reading list)
- Songs of Divorce (free listening library – youtube sourced songs)
- Laugh It Off (building a resource library of funny videos and other diversions)
- Facebook (follow us on Facebook and keep up with all the conversations)
- The 5 Love Languages (a book on love styles by Gary Chapman)