Click on either graphic to get a look at the full version. Amazing and illuminating numbers about modern day divorce rate in the U.S.
The several items that slapped me in the proverbial face were:
- 65% of all U.S. divorces are initiated by women
- Annually, 115,000 women lose health insurance due to divorce
- State with the highest rate of Divorce: Nevada (bet you could’ve guessed that one)
- The average first marriage lasts 8 years.
How long did your marriage last? Who initiated the divorce? What were your biggest concerns about getting divorced?
Grab the full infographic here: Divorce Statistics 2013 Infographic (this information was not paid for by The Off Parent, nor is this site sponsored by insurancequotes.com, this information is provided free of charge, for the price of a link.)
And if you have any answers or observations on those stats please post them in the comments.
The Off Parent
- Terms of Surrender: Our Divorce Papers
- No Divorce Expert: But If You Parent 50/50 You Should Divorce 50/50
- How Much Sex Can I Expect As I Grow Older? If I Work At It?
- Good Sex: Getting It Together About Getting In On
- My Divorce: A Searching and Fearless Moral Inventory
- The Divorce Library (reading list)
- Songs of Divorce (free listening library – youtube sourced songs)
- Laugh It Off (building a resource library of funny videos and other diversions)
- Facebook (follow us on Facebook and keep up with all the conversations)
- The 5 Love Languages (a book on love styles by Gary Chapman)
January 28, 2013 | Categories: divorce, marriage, separation | Tags: 2013 divorce infographic, 2013 divorce statistics, divorce 2013 infographic, divorce and health insurance, divorce infographic, divorce rate 2013, divorce statistics 2013, Divorce Statistics 2013 Infographic, divorce trends 2013, first marriage, health insurance is no reason to stay, highest divorce rate, infographic on divorce, kids lose health insurance, lose health insurance, men lose health insurance, reasons for divorce, staying married, the off parent infographic, us divorce statistics, us divorces, who initiated your divorce, women lose health insurance | 3 Comments »