Centering Prayers & Meditations
There is no doubt that you will be challenged to the edge of your sanity. The process of divorce, even in the best-case-scenario, is painful and bumpy. Finding your center, through prayer, meditation, church, exercise, friends, nature… It doesn’t matter how you do it, but you need to spend time rebuilding your relationship to yourself. Your single self. Your self alone and separate from your ex-partner, and if applicable, your kids.
Silence and Meditation have often worked for me. On this page I offer some ideas, books, and even little bits of wisdom I’ve gathered along the way. *Namasté*
Books of Consequence
- Playing Ball on Running Water: The Japanese Way to Building a Better Life – David K. Reynolds
- Siddhartha / The Dhammapada (New Directions Books) – Hermann Hesse
- The Razor’s Edge – Sumerset Maughan
- The Catcher in the Rye – J. D. Salinger
- Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair: Dual-Language Edition – Pablo Neruda
- The Childhood Roots of Adult Happiness: Five Steps to Help Kids Create and Sustain Lifelong Joy Edward Hallowell, M.D.
- The Drama of the Gifted Child: The Search for the True Self Alice Miller
- A General Theory of Love Thomas Lewis, M. D. et al.
- Care of the Soul Thomas Moore
- The 5 Love Languages Gary Chapman